Impulsed light (IPL) therapy, also called photofacial or photorejuvenation treatment
Is a non-invasive approach to improving skin tone and surface imperfections associated with aging and photodamage.
What does ipl do?
During a photofacial treatment, the treatment site is subjected to a series of intense light pulses that enter the skin and alter the structure of blood vessels, pigments, and other factors that are responsible for aesthetic problems.
Photorejuvenation can address issues such as:
- Sun damage
- Liver spots and other types of hyperpigmentation
- Broken capillaries (“spider veins”)
IPL also has the further advantage of reducing oily skin and encouraging the body’s natural production of collagen. A reduction in oiliness benefits patients who are prone to acne, and restoring the development of collagen can add volume and youthfulness to the skin.
Benefits of IPL Photofacial
Advantages of IPL include:
- Treatment can address several skin conditions at once through multiple wavelengths of light
- No downtime required – you can re-apply makeup immediately after the procedure
- Side effects such as redness typically go away in hours
- Photorejuvenation therapy is generally more affordable than laser treatments. Some patients experience discomfort when the intense light comes into contact with their skin. Our med spa clinical staff will do whatever possible to make your photofacial treatment comfortable, including applying a cooling gel and using the utmost precision with our IPL equipment.
To learn more about how IPL Photofacial can enhance the beauty of your skin, please schedule a complimentary consultation today.
Before & After Photos