Why would I consider Geneveve?
If you are experiencing the following, you may want to talk to one of our healthcare professionals about Geneveve:
- Do tampons feel like they are slipping out?
- Does your vagina feel loose during intimacy?
- Have you noticed a decrease in physical sensation during intimacy?
- Is the fit with your partner not as snug as in the past?
- Do you sometimes feel air flowing from your vagina?
What is vaginal laxity?
- Just like skin, vaginal tissue is made up of collagen fibers. Over time or with trauma the collagen can lose its strength and shape, creating a feeling of looseness (laxity), especially around the vaginal opening. Common causes of vaginal laxity include childbirth, other physical stress on the tissue, aging, genetic pre-disposition and lifestyle.
- If you experience vaginal laxity, you may also notice a decreased feeling of sensation and satisfaction during intercourse.
How common is vaginal laxity?
- Vaginal laxity is an extremely common medical condition. A Viveve-sponsored survey of U.S. OB/GYN physicians revealed that vaginal laxity is the number one physical change that they see or their patients report following vaginal delivery; more common than weight gain, incontinence, or stretch marks. In a survey of more than four hundred women in the U.S. who had vaginal deliveries, nearly half reported some level of concern with vaginal laxity.
What do I do if I have vaginal laxity?
There are multiple ways women can address vaginal laxity:
- Kegel exercises may be the most commonly known and prescribed treatment because they can strengthen the pelvic floor muscles. However, while Kegels may improve muscle tone, they do not address the loss of elasticity in the soft tissue that rests upon the muscle and contributes to vaginal laxity.
- Surgical options may be effective but also may entail significant health risks, recovery time, post-procedure pain and out-of-pocket costs.
- Geneveve works at the cellular level to rebuild and restore collagen, without harming the vaginal opening. Currently, Geneveve is specifically designed for vaginal laxity and sexual function and has been shown to be safe and effective in a large, randomized, blinded and placebo-controlled clinical trial.
What is the Geneveve treatment like?
- Geneveve is a comfortable, 30-minute treatment that does not require local or topical anesthesia or analgesics. Geneveve is performed by a trained healthcare professional in an outpatient setting. Geneveve uses gentle, deep heating and surface cooling to stimulate the body’s natural collagen formation process, which revitalizes and tightens tissue just inside the vaginal opening. Because the surface of the vaginal walls is not injured, patients typically return to normal activities immediately.
What are the benefits of the Geneveve treatment?
- Viveve has conducted multiple clinical studies on the Geneveve treatment. Two clinical studies showed statistically significant improvement in vaginal tightening, to pre-childbirth levels, at 1, 3, 6, and 12 months following a single, comfortable office-based treatment. At 12 months, improved and sustained tightening was shown in 90% of the women. Significant improvement in sexual satisfaction was also indicated through 12-month follow-up.
- A third large, randomized, placebo-controlled clinical study showed that women who received the Geneveve treatment were 3 times more likely to report achieving “no vaginal laxity” at 6 months than women who did not receive the treatment, with no additional safety risks.
Is the Geneveve treatment safe?
- Yes, It is safe and effective!
Who can have the Geneveve treatment?
- Your doctor will determine if Geneveve is right for you based on your medical history. However, you should NOT consider Geneveve if you have an implantable pacemaker or an Automatic Implantable Cardioverter/Defibrillator (AICD) or any other implantable metal device.
Who performs the treatment?
- The Geneveve treatment is performed by a trained healthcare practitioner in a medical office or outpatient clinic.
Contact Us Now For Your Complimentary Consultation.